Wednesday, April 1, 2015

I appreciate


Morning Mist - Forest- Dale Hollow Lake SRP


"Our real journey in life is interior."
Thomas Merton

"Contemplation is not and cannot be a function of the external self.
There is an irreducible opposition between the deep transcendent self that awakens
only in contemplation and the superficial, external self which we commonly identify with
the first person singular."
Thomas Merton

"If you want to identify me, ask me not where I live, or what
I like to eat, or how I comb my hair, but ask me what I am
living for, in detail ask me what I think is keeping me from living
fully for the thing I want to live for."
Thomas Merton

“It may be that when we no longer know what to do,
we have come to our real work
and when we no longer know which way to go,
we have begun our real journey.

The mind that is not baffled is not employed.
The impeded stream is the one that sings.”
― Wendell Berry

Now comes the opportunity. Walk. Practice sitting appreciation. Practice walking appreciation. Your breath fuels your heart.  Let your feet walk peacefully on the land.   Hear the notes in the trees. 

No comments:

Post a Comment