Friday, July 24, 2015

Natural Writing







Yosemite Half Dome as viewed from Washburn Point in evening light before sunset


When I pen my writing I often quote authors to amplify the message. It is necessary to bring together history to see the issues of the current time. Today I provide quotes from John Muir of the importance and transformational power of nature's mountains and of nature's rocks.

“Heaven knows that John the Baptist was not more eager to get all his fellow sinners into the Jordan than I to baptize all of mine in the beauty of God’s mountains.

“Compare walking on dead planks with walking on living rock where a distinct electric flash seems to attend every step. ”

John Muir


Think of the redemptive power of the mountains and the valleys and live with appreciation.

No comments:

Post a Comment